Rosemary & Thyme Sweet Potatoes
This recipe cooks up some wonderfully delicious sweet potatoes. They are super healthy and can paired with all meats, poultry and fish. You can cook a big batch and store in the fridge for easy convenience, or as they are so easy to cook, you can do them fresh every time.
What you need:
Baking dish or casserole
3 Medium-Sized Sweet Potatoes or equivalent
Oil (Coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil or good butter)
- Pre heat oven at highest heat. (About 250C)
- Peel and wash potatoes.
- Cut sweet potatoes how you like them. You can do them thinly sliced or even chop them up finer for something different. A good way to start would just be to cut them up usual roast potato size.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil into baking dish. And put into your oven to heat for about 5 minutes.
- Take out the dish, add 2 teaspoons of rosemary, 2 teaspoons of thyme and a good pinch of salt before adding potatoes to the dish.
- Using a fish slice or large spoon, flip the potatoes and get them covered in the oil and seasoning. Make sure they’re mixed well. Sprinkle black pepper & salt over the top and you can even add some more rosemary and thyme if you wish.
- Put them into middle of oven, turn heat down to 150C and cook for 30 minutes. Take out at about 20 minutes and flip/stir and cook for a further 10 minutes for the best results.
- Serve with your meal and enjoy!
- Depending on the size you cut the potatoes, the cooking time will vary. If you have cut them thick, cook for longer. If you have cut them thin, cook them significantly shorter. Cooking time can vary from 20-35 minutes.
- Goes great with a roast dinner and is a much healthier option than regular potatoes.
- You can also cook with bashed garlic cloves and onions for a different taste.