- Most of carb intake should be from ‘low carb’ sources — quinoa, sweet potatoes, yams, beans, etc.
- Brown and white rice should be eaten occasionally and only when needed, e.g. around workout times.
- Rolled oats, porridge oats and oatmeal should be gluten free.
- Most carbs should come around your workout or at night. They are not needed before training; caffeine, beta-alanine and/or creatine are great pre-workout energy boosters.
- Don’t overdo the fruit; cap your fructose intake at 30g a day. Stick to berries as the main fruit.
- Honey is best raw and unprocessed. Local produce is the supreme option. It’s great to add to tea, smoothies and post-workout shakes.
- Blackstrap Molasses is an insanely nutrient dense food and also very delicious. Like with Honey, however, a tablespoon a day is sufficient enough.