Eating cucumber is a great way to cool off from the heat. This recipe revamps your traditional snack by mounting each cucumber slice with a chilled shrimp topping. A simple, yet classy, appetizer to serve at summer parties!
Shrimp-Loaded Cucumber Slices
1/2 lb cooked and peeled shrimp, chopped into small pieces
1/2 onion, chopped
1 garlic glove, minced
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 tbsp sour cream
1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp spicy mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp paprika
4 drops hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 large cucumber
Garnish: chopped chives and crushed red pepper flakes
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the cucumber and garnish.
- Next, chop your cucumber into 1/4 inch slices, lay on a platter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For each cucumber slice, top with a tablespoon of the shrimp mixture.
- Garnish your shrimp cucumber slices with chives and red pepper flakes.
- Let the cucumber slices chill in the fridge before serving.